Sunday, November 08, 2009

Saturday, I spent all afternoon and I really mean all afternoon sitting in a 'Bean and Bean' drinking tea and coffee. It is a really nice coffee shop, with outdoor seating and blankets, a really good chocolate latte with grated white and dark chocolate on and a very nice English speaking owner.

It is round the corner from Wow and Joy, which I have decided is to be my new local, another bar, Lotte Mart and a nail place. Susong-Dong is definitly an up and coming area! They are building a huge funky looking building across the main road from me. I'm excited to figure out what it is as it has quite funky architecture.

Sunday I was thinking of going to Daejon but the weather was awful. I ended up seeing the worst movie ever.

I then went to Jinpo Marine Amusement park. It had a huge old ship, and some planes. Not much of an amusement park but was pretty interesting for about 30 minutes.


After this Jo and I headed to Deachon. These were the 2 places I mispronounced and lead me on a six hour detour. Just to emphasis how easy this is is -
Daecheon 대천 and Daejeon 대전.
See the difference!!!!?? The little hat on the 천 part!

We headed to the fish market and bought 2kg of shrimp for about £7 and then got them cooked for us at a restaurant. It was a traditional Korean restaurant where there were long table and you sat on the floor. We ended up sitting next to 2 couples, one of the guys had hit the soju pretty hard and proceeded to entertain us through the whole meal and shared his food with us. We did shots of soju and beer together and he then asked me to dance.. in the restaurant.. with no music.. so I obliged! One of the waitresses, an older lady kept telling him off for pestering us but then proceeded to hand feed him the heads off our shrimps. As we were leaving we found out that they had paid for all our meal!

Definitely one of the most random nights ever!

Also, just a few random things that I learnt/found out/ have been thinking about:

I asked my adults if they wanted to new husbands, and if they did who, the speedy responses were Brad Pitt and Jonny Depp.

I was discussing holidays with my grade 6 class. Mother's Day came up and how you could create a book of tickets for your mother, with tokens such as breakfast in bed etc. One of my students said she had made one for her mother. I asked what kind of things she had written. One of them was a ticket to pull out all of her mother's grey hairs!!

Gunsan has the most number of churches in South Korea.

2 weeks until China!!

Gmarket is my new best online shopping friend!

Korean is finally starting to sink in. I was speaking to a friend and kept answering in Korean!

No comments:

Post a Comment