Sunday, September 16, 2012

After schlepping only a boot's full worth of stuff up 3 flights of stairs, I finally moved in last Sunday. I was quite please with how well I packed. I remember when I moved to a house in Huddersfield and we had to use a van. This time I managed to fit pretty much everything in the boot of the car!
The apartment is really nice and grown up, right next to a tramstop and right next to a park.

View of a hot air balloon from the balcony
The first 3 days at uni has been induction and getting to know each other and the university.
Next week is the placement induction. I am only in (I think) on Tuesday morning. I kind of just want to start and get on with everything. I know when I am in the middle of placement, assignments, lesson planning etc. I will wish for the week of nothing back!

Yesterday we went to Sheffield Food Festival and had look around. Tried a few types of jam and some flavoured vodka. I was almost knocked down by some granny eager to get her free shot!!

I also discovered London Road, which had loads of different types of restaurants and we went for sushi at Yama Sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment