Sunday, November 17, 2013

Well... the apartment is finally coming together... slowly.
We bought a kitchen unit on the internet and found out afterwards that it did not include free assembly. So after FIVE hours and a (few!) fights and mistakes we finally finished! The wardrobe also took us another five hours the next day!!

 

We have another small cupboard to arrive then I can properly set up my office and classroom for private lessons.

I have started my new position at work now which is exciting and unnerving at the same time. I am responsible for training and maintaining standards, which at the moment I am observing all the teachers to check they are teaching to the Callan Method and standard. After all the observation I had during my PGCE, it is a little  strange to be on the other side.

I am also training a new teacher that we have starting, as well as developing new materials such as alternative tests and training materials. I have a crazy schedule now but it's good.
I also have some new private students starting which is exciting to be able to teach them in my 'home classroom'.

We also spent the day at a friend's farm, which turned out to be a surprise engagement party. I was so excited for them as they are such good friends and have really helped and supported us through the wedding and move etc. Some old friends we haven't seen for over a year were also there so it was great to have everyone together.

I am feeling extremely lucky and content at the moment, as everything in life is finally falling into place. I have a great husband who I can finally be with, a good job which challenges me and am surrounded by great friends.

Happy Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment