Tuesday, April 12, 2005

less than a month to Brazil!

Well... Had my second rabies jab and my yellow fever yesterday and Renne rang me. She's going to be emailing me a list of everyone else who going to be at the hostel with me - oh my goodness its all starting to feel a bit real now! I'm also going to find out what my placement is going to definitely be. It doesn't feel like I'm actually going to go yet - but seeing as I'm all paid up be a bit silly not to! It's going to be a fantastic experience and I really want to be able to make a difference.

Also went in to my old High School today! It was so bizarre showing my old art teachers my uni work! Also they have given me £250 towards Brazil! I couldn't believe it I've just been working everything out and I've managed together about £2,000 which is fantastic - so huge, massive, whopping, great big thank you to everyone that's helped me and contributed.
I didn't realise I had that many friends!!!!

Also I feel the need to tell everyone that it is Daisy - my great Grandma's 100th Birthday party on Saturday! -100th!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:36 pm

    Of course you have that many friends!! You are a wonderful person to know!! WoW £2000, that is a lot of cash, you have worked so hard to get that... Amazingly awesome!!

    Everything is all a bit busy my end... 2 more months till results day!! Eeek, its so scary.!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:51 am

    Come on missy, I am waiting to give you another comment on a new entry - Oh look, a comment! bugger - hope that you're having fun??? When are you back in Hudds, get in touch - I miss you! Are you in England on the 10th June or alternatively the 15th June? One being the end of year show the other is results today - HUGE partying happening here... 7 weeks to go eeek I am scared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:49 pm

    Hello Joss!

    Sounds like you're having fun (minus the injections of course)!

    So close until you're off to Brazil. I hope you have a great time there - no doubt you will. Well done with all the fund raising!

    Also, happy birthday to your Grandma Daisy!

    ReplyDelete