Sunday, September 03, 2006

My Birthday!

Well, my first Birthday in New York was a wet, chilled a relaxing day.
Bonnie and Tyler took me to Brunch where I had strawberry pancakes and Mimosa - which et the scene for the rest of the day.
Janelle, Brooke and Cass came round and through out the afternoon we worked our way through nearly 5 types of ice cream and numerous cheesy DVD's. Next Weeks we are having a birthday/house warming party at the apartment as well, plus I still have cards etc to arrive so my birthday is not over yet!

I was thinking last night though how lucky I was. I some how managed to be offered this fantastic job in New York - as if that wasn't exciting enough. Then the people I work with are so kind and loving and made the transition over here so much easier. There have been a few hard times where I have thought what I am doing here but they all helped me through it.
Then I managed to find amazing rooms mates who are so lovely and again are always there for me. I have only be here for nearly 2 months and I have managed to make such good friends and been so lucky that surely it has to run out soon!!!

I miss everyone at home but the people I have met have made it easier and just excited for when you guys come over to met them. Occasionally I will just be sitting on the bus or waiting for the subway and I will be like what the hell!!! I'M IN NEW YORK!!! It is so bizarre I never in a million years thought this was where my life would go! I am so grateful for this opportunity, its amazing I feel like I am doing some worth while. I leave a lot of answer phone messages but you get that one volunteer who is so excited to volunteer with CCS it makes it worthwhile. Coz it has literally changed my life!!!!

I have learnt just to grab what ever happens as you only live once, sometimes it can be hard decision but what ever is meant to be will be so just enjoy everything while it happens!
I want to say thank you to my friends and family back in the UK for supporting me in the very crazy and very quick decision. And also a big thank you to everyone at CCS for making me so welcome when I literally just turned up with no where to go and Bonnie and Tyler for being fab roommates
well enough of the cheese it sunny so I can go out!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:07 pm

    It looks as if all is going well and you are having a good time happy birthday missing you lots but glad you are happy and having lots of support from your new friends over there
    M + D XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:13 am

    Hey Joss

    I completely forgot you had a blog and have just found it again. I hope things in NYC are going as good as you had hoped. It looks like your enjoying yourself. I havn't got your email address so you will have to send it to me at some point. Mine is still carrotop17@hotmail.com.
    Take care
    Simone x x

    ReplyDelete