Saturday, November 18, 2006

Update!

Well not been up to any extremely exciting this week - although it is still only Saturday Morning!

A volunteer I had been working with for a while signed up for India yesterday. When Janelle the Program Manager for India called to welcome him to the Program he told her he thought it was going to be me on the phone because it was a New York number. When asked why he had chosen to volunteer with Cross-Cultural Solutions he said me!!! He said that I had been really helpful and patient with him and if he was getting that kind help before he enrolled he couldn't imagine what it would be like afterward and while in country!

It's strange but the volunteers don't realize that when they answer the phone they can determine whether you have a good day or an excellent day, when you get a really excited volunteer who understands what the mission and value of CCS is it really makes the job worth while and reminds me of how I felt when I signed up to go to Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment