Friday, August 07, 2009

Well this week has been challenging to say the least!! A few issues at work which actually haven't made life that difficult for me but caused a lot of shouting at each other between my co-workers.

To be honest it is all pretty ridiculous and petty but I am very proud of myself and the way I have reacted. Instead of screaming back and throwing a strop. I aired my views calmly and clearly. I have found that I am standing up for myself in a quiet and mature way. Before I would have moaned about the issue to my friends and not done anything about it. Now I am confronting them in a composed and restrained manner. Or so I like to think!!

Well, we all have a meeting at 9am on Monday with the Dean to discuss everything, so we will see how it goes!!

I think out of all the countries I have visited, this one is testing me the most. It is testing my working relationships and how to deal with pesky co workers. It is testing me on how to live alone. It is testing how I cope with a completely new culture, that I have never experienced before. It is testing my communication skills at work and in general day to day life.

However despite all of this, I am actually enjoying being here! I enjoy being challenged every day and experiencing something totally new and different.

So this weekend is going to be slightly more laid back than last weekend. I am going to a Jo's friends babies first birthday party. Otherwise known as doljanchi. It is a pretty big deal here. So should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment