Wednesday, February 10, 2010

This weekend is Lunar New Year it's a pretty big deal here and also means I get next Monday off! There seems to be the same sort of atmosphere as Chuseok with the big gift sets out in Lotte Mart. KM gave me a beautiful gift boxed one - holding 10 cans of Tuna! Which is actually more useful than the 10 tubes of toothpaste she gave me last time.

I feel like I need to mention my adult class again. We have so much and fun and random topics always seem to pop up. Last lesson we ended up talking about drag queens, speed dating and how one of them had thrown up in a taxi because she was too drunk. Bear in mind that the majority of the class is 40+ housewives!! The lessons are definitely a cultural exchange for all of us!

They also told me about a part time job as a 'Pusher man'. This is literally a man who during rush hour, is paid to push people onto the subways in Seoul!! I don't think this still happens, as they have introduced double doors now. But I couldn't believe that this job actually existed!

No comments:

Post a Comment