Wednesday, April 28, 2010

30 days left!

So I have exactly one month left in Korea. I can't believe that 11 months have gone so quickly!!
I have enjoyed my time in Korea a lot more than I thought I would. I was actually contemplating on my layover in Germany just hopping on a plane to Ghana, as that was my layover for Ghana too. To be brutally honest I would have quite happily not come to Korea and had a mild panic attack at Manchester airport.

However, I have actually had a pretty interesting, educating, enlightening and dare I say fun time. I will actually even... MISS... Korea!

Things I will miss about Korea:
The amazing friends I have made here.
My students - especially my adult class
Poker night every other Wednesday
Tuesday morning coffees at Bean and Bean with Alex and Izzy
Serviceeeee - The amount of freebie stuff I get at places
How kind and honest people are. I can leave my bag and purse, go to the bathroom, come back and it is still there
Couple t-shirts - you know who is with who, as they are wearing matching clothes!!
Having every argument dealt with by using rock, scissors, paper, stone
Cheap and easy transport - especially taxis
Free rent
The amount of hours I DON'T work!

Things I won't miss:
people hocking their guts and flem up every where
feeling like a big fat heffer and being told no largee size
names that I cannot even begin to pronounce!
having to remember to take toilet paper from the communal roll outside the bathroom stalls!

Things I will probably subconsciously take away from Korea:
Nodding and bowing at people
Offering and taking things with two hands (to show I am not going to kill them, with the one hand I am not using!)
Saying 'Assah!' accompanied by an arm pump, when something is great

No comments:

Post a Comment