Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Journey Home


After 34 hours of travelling I have made it back to the UK!

My flight path was pretty long and hectic with loooong layovers. I flew from Joinville into to Congonhas and my flight out of Brazil was from Guarulhos.   


As both flights were Tam I could get a free transfer bus from the airport.

TAM operates a free shuttle service between Congonhas (CGH) and Guarulhos (GRU). Details and the schedule can be found here and here. There is also an Airport Bus Service that everyone can use.

TAM shuttle service
When walking out of baggage claim  at CGH you literally walk straight ahead down the ramp, following the signs to the bus/taxi area. The TAM buses are the first you come to when you cross over the road. There isn’t a sign but the buses were red, blue and white GTA ones. I just  asked a TAM pilot who was also waiting for the bus. There is one for the crew and one for passengers. The journey took about 1 hour and 10 minutes bearing in mind it was a Thursday morning, so no rush hour / holiday traffic. It drops you right outside TAM departures where you check in. 

It was all super smooth and easy, I think I wasn’t stressed as I had a 14 hour layover in SP! I was told I couldn't check in my baggage in until about 5 hours before the flight. So  I had 7 hours sitting by the check in desks. I think I asked the wrong person and probably could have done it earlier. Fortunately I had 254 hours of music, 344 books on my kindle and 6 movies to keep me occupied!

I slept for nearly all of my 12 hour flight to London and then had a 7 hour layover in London. It was originally 30 minutes but there is no way I would have made that and have no idea why TAM even put me on that one!

So back in the cold UK trying to figure out next steps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment