Friday, May 22, 2009

South Korea... Here I come at last!!!!!!!!!

After lots of changes and waiting around, my visa is finally on the way!!!

The school had changed my contract to be living in Jeonju, teaching university students in the morning for two hours,then being driven about 45 minutes to Gunsan, teaching kindergarten to Middle school there until 7, then having to get the bus back. So I finally got my head around the fact I would be living in a totally different place. When I found out it was all changed back to the original plan - living and working in Gunsan. At this point I just want to be there!!!! So, as they had changed my contract, I thought they had not even started processing my visa yet.
But then... I got my visa application number!! Which take 14 days to process, so I was not expecting it yet. Then it takes 5 days to process it here. I called the office today and it should be ready by June 1st!!! So Flying Cows will be sorting to my flights for the 2nd!!! Oh my goodness!

I am so excited to teach again. I really glad I have my Ghana experience, what with the lack of resources, disorganisation, caning, heat and general riotousness, I am hoping that South Korea will not be as bad!!
I have soooo many ideas of fro fun lessons and was even thinking about how to decorate my classroom with educational posters!!!

Now, I have to figure out how to fit a years worth of my life into 30kgs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment