Friday, December 25, 2009

Wow, this will be a long one!

Last weekend I headed up to Seoul for the first time, to properly see it, not just go to to go somewhere else. SOO much fun, I felt like I was back in New York, everyone spoke English, lots of shops I recognised, the subway was so easy, as it was in English.

I did a lot of shopping as found clothes and shoes to fit me, went to see Handel's Messiah and went out for some drinks. It felt like I was on holiday being away from the Goon!
This week the 'Christmas Parties' set in.

On Wednesday I went out for dinner with my adult class. I love my adult class, they are a bunch of housewives in their late 30's early 40's. They were very excited to be out without their husbands or children!

Some of the teachers were out in Bar street, so after I headed over to see them. This descended into random balloon animals, shots and a fire show.



I didn't end up getting home until 3am and on a school night!

Christmas Eve, again headed out to Bar Street and met up with some friends and also didn't get in until 3am!

Christmas day, I invited Jo, Elizabeth and Jimmy over and extended it to any of the other expats in the Goon. This descended into party of 15 people in my tiny studio!

We had our Christmas dinner -

Did some push ups -
Some arm wrestling, Brittany Spears games and dancing!

Then we headed to Bar street - again.

This was definitely the strangest and most nontraditional Christmas I have ever had but a good time was had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment