Friday, August 06, 2010

Well I survived my first week!

I had mixed ages from 5/6 upto about 11/12. It all went pretty well but is totally different from Korea. The kids here are very lively, talkative and as a whole lack discipline. It was difficult to get them to sit down and stop talking. However a noisy talkative class is always better than a deathly silent one!

I did have one incident with one of the younger ones. I was playing a game and it was time to finish. But it was the little boy's turn and he did not take to kindly to it being finished before his turn. He proceeded to throw a full on tantrum - proper Super Nanny Style. He then told me he didn't like me, to go back to where I belong and that he was never coming to school again because of me!! All in perfect English, so at least that was good! I ended up leaving him in one room but he followed me, sat next to me and continued to tell me he didn't like me!!

Needless to say I was pretty much dreading the next lesson. He was pretty ok with me. At one point he was losing the game and I could see he was about to throw a tantrum, I managed to calm him a little but then another student set him off and they launched in to a full on fight! This class is pretty difficult, I have to sit them all at opposite ends of the carpet so they can't touch each other, kick each other, bite etc.. Seeing as none of this was aimed at me, I thought it was a pretty successful lesson!

Also, the weather here has been COLD!!! I was told it would be cold and was thinking hmph I am from England. However the state I am in actually had snow!! I have about 3 blankets on my bed and have been wearing my leggings under.

I'm going to have a mosey around Joinville this weekend so hopefully expect some pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment