Thursday, November 11, 2010

Random things I have observed while in Brazil...

Brazilians like cold beer - I mean REALLY cold beer. If they have half a can left which is slightly warm, they will throw it away rather than drink it. I have been involved in many discussion about ale and beer and why English people drink warm beer.

Brazilian couples are not shy. As a stiff upper lipped British person, I am not used to couples kissing (very passionately!) in restaurants, buses, bars, supermarket lines, on the street, in the car, at the park, outside the bathroom etc. etc.

Brazilians when leaving their rubbish out to be collected they have these:Which if you think about it make sense. It is off the floor so it doesn't attract animals. However if it's really heavy and you catch it on the side when you are struggling to lift it up and rotten rubbish explodes onto you.. not so good.

In the bikini department.. the smaller the better, for men and women. Brazilian beaches are not for the fainthearted. I was going to post a picture, but I didn't want to offend any stiff upper lipped British people.

Brazilians need no excuse for a party or a day off. Since being here I have had about 1 long weekend a month for Saint's day, Independence day, Proclamation of the Republic day and other random things. Also if the day lands on a Tuesday? Do we work on the Monday - heck no!! Holiday on a Wednesday? Why not just have Monday and Tuesday off!

I am sure there are some other things... but I can't think of them now.....

Just remembered!!
Cocktail sticks! Normally if there are nibbles on the table, pieces of cheeses, chips anything, they are always accompanied by.. cocktails sticks!! not forks, Brazilians tend not to use their fingers but cocktail sticks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment