Monday, January 09, 2012

Extending a Tourist Visa in Brazil 2

So we trundled back to the Federal Police with all my photocopies of my bank balance, my entry card, my credit card and all the forms and payments.
The guy asked Fabio a few questions.
Why was I staying longer - to be with him *sigh*
How long did I want to stay? 82 days.
Why 82 days? Because I had a wedding to go to.

He  took the Requerimento de Prorrogacao de Prazo DPF - 270 and the payment form, disappeared for about 10 minutes then came back stamped my form and passport and that was it!! Didn't want to see my bank balance, ticket or anything!

Turns out that was the easy part!

I now have to change my flight. Called Cheaptickets and was on hold for about 10 minutes, then skupe cut off just as I finally got to talk to someone.
Called again, on hold for 13 minutes, got to talk to someone, skype cut off!!!
Called again, on hold for 23 minutes, finally got to talk to someone at cheaptickets, who transfered me over to TAM who put me on hold AGAIN!!! Well at least it didnt cut out this time!

After 50 minutes on the phone they found out they had to work out the cost of the difference in my tickets manually because I had changed my flight. Everyone kept saying this to me but I hadn't!! Turns out the 'involuntary' changes the airline had done 4 times, made it impossible to work out the difference. A request has been sent, for it all to be done manually and I will find out in 48 hours what the cost is..... The good thing is that there is space on all the flights.... or there is now.. who knows in 48 hours!

I guess I will just have to sit and wait with my credit card in hand....

But looks like I will be in Brazil until the end of March! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment