Thursday, January 12, 2012

FINALLY, I have my e-ticket sitting in my inbox!

Talk about a Palava though! I spoke to a TAM representative from the US on Saturday. He said I need to call back on Monday to speak to the special department.

I called back on Monday and put in the request to change my ticket and was told to wait 48 hours.

On Wednesday I got an email saying to call the International Reservation Centre. They didn't actually give me the number to call and Google couldn't find it for me either. So I called a Brazilian number using the house phone. The Brazilian Guy I spoke to said it was impossible for me to change my ticket and I had to go to the airport to change it. When I asked could I go to Joinville airport, as it was a smaller aiport. He replied 'yes you have to go to the airport. I cannot change your ticket because it was purchased in the UK. You cannot change your ticket'

I ended up calling the UK call centre  on skype and spoke to a rep there who told me the details of my new ticket and took my credit card details to pay for the change fee. Again the line was really bad but Lu was really helpful, changed my ticket and charged my card!! Silly Brazilian man knew nothing. Wonderful Lu said that I would get an email in 24 hours with my new ticket. If I didn't to call back again.

24 and half hours later, I got another email saying the credit number was wrong. I called the UK line AGAIN from Skype and explained it another Rep. He accused me of giving them the wrong number to which I replied ' No I didn't but the line was very bad so she could have misheard me.' After 10 minutes of being on hold and him taking my details again. He said it should be processed and I should get an email in about 10 minutes with my new flight.

Lo and behold 10 minutes later I FINALLY had my new ticket in my hand!!!

I will be back in the UK on March 30th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment