Monday, June 13, 2005

I'm Home

Well....

Friday was my last day at Frutes de Maes, just as i walked throught the door all the kds came running towards me and that was it i started crying then! They gave me aposter they had made with hearts on and their names in the hearts then they had alll put lipstick on and kissed it! They sang me lots of songs and gave me lots of hugs and it was soooo sad. at one point they were all singing 'I'm a little square of tin' that I had taught them, it was such a good ending!
tehn when and filmed some of the capoeira guys doing capoeira and watched the sun go down by the lighthouse.

That night we went out and saw the drumming, went to the samba club and drank quite a bit!

Towards the end of the night I was talking to Adriano for about an hour in Portuguese and I understood at least 70% of what he was saying!!! i was so chuffed with myself!!

it was really sad to leave but i had a 'totally awesome' (got that in for you guys - Whitney, Alex Jen and Arian!) but i wanted to leave on a good note.
Fortunately all my flights went really well, even though I was still on the plane from Salvador when my heathrow flight in Sau Paulo had started boarding but I made it with out any delays and all my luggage - which wasnt over the internal luggage allowance.

all in all it was such a fantastic experience i cant really put it all down in words.
Thanks for everyones help guys!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:56 am

    Hey Joss,
    So glad you had a fantastic time...I bet it's a culture shock to be home now isn't it?! Its been a blessing to read about all the stuff you've been doing over there...Can't wait to catch up with you in person! I'm going to be home around the 7th July i think until the 20th so if you're around, we'll definitely have to meet up!
    Love you loads,
    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete