Sunday, October 11, 2009

I nearly had a panic attack this week. My co-teacher was saying 'oh you went to the University of Huddersfield, and volunteered in Brazil and Costa Rica. I see from the website!' Thinking he had found my blog, I had a mild panic attack, but it turns out I am actually on the University website.

My week was also quite entertaining. We were discussing a folk story about an indian who found his grandfathers coat, made of animal skin in a bag. I asked the students what the coat was made out of, expecting the answer to be animal skin, wolf skin or something similar. One of my students chirped up with' His grandfather.' It completely cracked me up, made me cry with laughter in front of the class and lose complete control for the next 5 minutes.

In another class, one of the kids called me an adjuma (meaning old woman) and then proceed to 'pass wind'. One of the students ran off to tell my co-teacher, who then asked after class, 'was it true one of the students sh*t' their pants?'

I also got my hair cut this week, which was badly needed and I had been putting off because of the language barrier. Fortunately Jo came with me and a fiver later, I had a swanky new hair cut.

I went into work at 11 on Friday as I was not sure if I was supposed to go in at 11 or 1 and thought it would be better safe than sorry. KM was hoovering when I got there, so she did not hear me announce myself. A few seconds later she turns rounds, gets the fright of her life and squeals. The second time, I nearly wet myself laughing in twice as many days!!

On Saturday, I went into Jeonju. We had a look around the Hanok Folk Village and then headed to the Zoo. We then found a battle of the bands that seemed to be happening and sat and watched a screeching Korean girl 'sing' for a bit.

Sunday, Jo, Elizabeth and I had decided to cook different types of food and have a multicultural meal. I was cooking and dancing to music semi-naked (I can do this as I live by myself!!) before they arrived, when there was a knock on the door. It was Cindy from 202. Her boyfriend lives in my building and she is studying English in Busan and needed some help with an assignment. I told her to come back, I got dressed, tidied up and then helped her translate some phonic stuff. She is super sweet!

Then we all ate a huge meal of mac and cheese, veggie burgers, japchae, Yubu Chobap, and yakimandu.

I then took a spin on Elizabeth bike - by myself! Jo tried but her legs were to short to reach
the ground!
More pics here!

1 comment:

  1. Well NOW I know where you put the GOOD pics...lol!

    ReplyDelete