Saturday, October 24, 2009

Still alive..... just

This week has been pretty quiet in the Goon.
Last weekend, we took a trip to the fish market and cooked up a seafood storm! I ate mussels, scallops, shrimp and crab. It was all pretty 맛있은 (delicious). I did have some photos of still squirmy octopus and crabs etc, but my camera is playing up and won't let me download them.

The still alive comment refers to yesterdays activity. I was with KM and we had a cooking day. The vocab sheet you gave to me included phrases such as 'it's yummy, it's yucky' and my personal favorite 'it tastes like feet'. That one really made me laugh!

We were making dokbokki (thick rice cake noodle things in a spicy sauce). My first concern was the gas camping stove thing with boiling water in the middle of a table with 6 kindergarten kids running round. When I got over this fear. I saw KM trying to light another gas stove using a twisted piece of newspaper lit from the other stove. The gas wouldn't turn on and the flames were getting precariously close to her finger, so she proceeded to waft it around and then drop it in one of the kids plastic bowls. She then ran out with the flaming plastic bowl. As that attempt to kill us didn't work, she had left the gas on while trying to sort of the flaming plastic bowl. Fortunately one of the parents had stayed, smelt the gas and turned it off. Crisis averted.. until next class.

This time she couldn't turn on the stove and kept clicking the gas on, as you can imaging the kids are very excited and curious and all peering pretty closely at the stove, next thing the gas lights and whooomph flames gush out. Fortunately everyone kept their eyebrows!

Seriously though, I do not know how this woman has not had a serious accident! Things have been pretty well with her though, apart from her reading my emails and opening attachments while I am teaching, rooting through my rubbish and telling me I am 'sexy, sexy'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment