Thursday, January 14, 2010

I think that South Korea is a pretty safe place, crime is really low, and I feel safe walking home in the dark.

This photo shows how trusting South Koreans are:

You can steal the bike just not the bike lock!

Another example was when I accidentally left my keys in my bike basket, came back an hour later and they were still there.

One of Korea's cultural nuances is that you take your shoes off when going into someone's house, some restaurants and work places. For the past 6 months, I have taken my shoes off at work and left them in the shoe rack outside work. For six months, at the end of the day, my shoes have always been there.

So imagine my surprise when on Thursday somebody had stolen my size 7 black ankle boots. I WAS NOT IMPRESSED!! For a start, it is really difficult to find shoes to fit me here as the biggest they go up to is a skinny 6 1/2.

Also it has been snowing for the past week.

So I had to walk the 15 minute walk home in snow a foot deep, in my SLIPPERS!

I hope the tiny footed Korean who stole my boots, falls over on the ice and hurts themselves!

Also, I actually got off my lazy bottom to go to the gym this week. Having been successful in going on Tuesday, I headed out at 7am on Wednesday morning to find even more snow. Seeing as I was up and trying to get back into going to the gym, I ploughed though the snow looking extremely sexy in all my layers, leg warmers, hat and scarf. I had trudged up the hill to the gym when a bus went past and covered in me in brown, slushy, dirty, wet snow.

Needless to say I went home and didn't make it to the gym that day!

So note to self always keep an eye on your shoes and only walk on wide footpaths, walking as far from the road as possible!

Let's hope the weekend it better! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment