Monday, May 23, 2005

Morro de Sau Paulo

This weekend 5 of us went to one of the islands. It was about a 2 1/2 boat ride but seeing as our boat broke down it was an hour more. Think of a tropical island and multiple the beauty of it by 100 and this is what this place was like. Our pousada (bed and breakfast) cost about 4 pounds. it was clean and small but 4 pounds for breakfast as well!!!
We spent most of the time on the beach and shopping in the little stalls. I got a bit burnt. But it was such an amazing place. We met a bloke from Australia as well so he stayed with us but stayed an extra night.

We didn't want to come home and it was also really sad because some people had left.
So bye Stephanie. Trisha, Yoka and Frank - stay in touch we miss you already!!!

Today at work was good, I took some bubble mixture which they loved and we also made spirally wind mobile things. They look good hung on the window but some did get ripped but I expected that.

I just want to reassure everyone that I am having such a fantastic time. I keep getting "oh my goodness I'm in Brazil moments" but in a really good way.

I am soo glad I decided to do this and although I sometime feel like I'm not contributing anything to the kids just by playing with them helps. Thanks to Carol my brown owl for teaching me I'm a little square of tin, they looove that song!!!

The kids are sooooooo adorable, I took photos of them all and am having them printed out now. I'm going to do photo frames for them and keep a copy for myself. This is mainly to help me learn their names!!!

anyway I do apologise for the spelling, but I'm at an internet cafe so time is money - ok so only 40p for an hour but sorry I have better things to be doing!!!

Keep leaving me lots of comments!!!
byeeeee xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:22 pm

    Hey Joss its Simone have just been catching up on your time in Brazil, it sounds absolutely amazing!! You have made me so jealous! Keep doing just what you are doing, it sounds like you will make a huge difference in their lives, even if you can't see it yet. Take care and ill see you soon.
    Simone xxxx

    ReplyDelete