Thursday, May 19, 2005

placement!

oh my goodness the kids are sooooo cute. I~m working with 3year olds and they dont understand that I dont speak Portugues. Today I tuaght them a song - well sort of they just laughed at me doing the actions and we did some colouring in.I~m trying to upload some photos but not sure if its working.

Yesterday we went to the open market which is where all the locals go, it was really interesting but gross. All the meat is just slapped on random surfaces with flies all over them. There were eyeballs and this man just holding an oxs leg and kept waving it at us!

I~m really enjoying my placment now they gave me some earrings to day. We weighed all the children too.

On tuesady we had a city tour which was really interesting and then we went to Pelirhino. O ntuesday nights they have a band on and random drumming going on about the streets. There are also loats of people doing caperio which is a type of martial arts dance thing. I was tried to be persuaded to do but I ran away.

Im really enjoying everything and totally feel settled in now.
Went to the beach today and was chatting to some bloke from Ghana and had the most delicious ice cream ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment