Tuesday, May 10, 2005

My Placement

Ok well hear is all the info I know about my placement!!
Starting to get excited now!!
Ben is slightly worried that I will get extremly broody though!

Name of the Partner Organization: Frutos de Mães

General Information about the Partner Organization:
The Community Day Care Frutos de Mães is an institution founded in 1999.
It is located in the neighborhood of Alagados and provides education for 250 children who live in poverty. It is mission is to guide and guarantee education for children ranging from ten months to six years old.
The main goal is to prepare these children to be accepted into a public school of the community.
Currently there are three pre-school classes, one kindergarten class and an English course for people of the community.
Besides, there is a nursery with 59 children from 10 months to one year. The teachers are people from the community who works as volunteers.
The financial support of this institution comes from the local government and by donations from the community.

Volunteers Duties:
The volunteers can develop recreational activities with the children helping the teachers taking care of the others needs.

Desired Attributes:
o Creativity to do arts and crafts activities with children
o Willingness to overcome to language barrier
o Patience and tolerance to deal with difficulties

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:52 pm

    Super cool, I don't care if you get broody... I like kids! If you had a kid I would be auntie Karen!! **Joke** don't have kids yet!!

    I hope you have a really great time, ill be thinking about you - bring me back a man! or equivalent!

    LOVE YOU K XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:05 am

    Hey Joss!
    I told you i would leave you a message! Sorry it was only a quick phonecall the other night...We'll have to have a proper catch-up when you are back...and I'll be free from essay writing forever! I'm sure you'll have lots of exciting stories to tell too! I really hope it all goes well out there-it sounds like fantastic work that you'll be doing...Make the most of your time there!
    May God bless you and all you do,
    LOTS of love,
    Emma xxxxx

    ReplyDelete