Monday, September 21, 2009

Seonyudo Island

So we finally made it to Seonyudo Island after the taxi driver tried to take us to the bus station instead of the ferry terminal!
We got on the ferry about 11.30 and the grabbed some seats on the deck upstairs. Next to us was a big group of Koreans who cracked open the soju and offered me some, as soon as we set off. There was also a big hiking group decked out in all their hiking gear. We later saw them having a picnic on the beach and also then having dinner. Not really doing much hiking!


The island was pretty small but very tranquil and beautiful. To be fair we didn't see that much. We found a restaurant and settled there by the the sea, ate some crab and other random stuff and had a few beers.


On the ferry home, I was sitting down when I was suddenly surround by Koreans. Two women plonked themselves next to me, put their arms around me and the photo shoot began. I was asked if I wanted to be a mans third wife, had my boob grabbed by a very drunk Korean, had a discussion about Hangul, was invited to another island and arm wrestled. All things you would expect on a ferry ride!!


Headed out in the Goon for a few drinks in the evening which of course lead to noreabang. I think I pretty much lost my voice by the end of the night!


Pictures of the weekend here!

No comments:

Post a Comment