Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Well, I keep trying to post photos as I realised I have not even posted photos of the speech contest and also my birthday. But the Internet is not being very cooperative!

My first week back at work was hectic, with new students, new schedule and new textbooks. I am still adjusting now.

I have some new adult students. Some of my older ones left as they were too busy popping out babies. The new ones have come in the hope of getting pregnant, as most of my class has been pregnant, they are hoping they will too!

I can see the slogan now 'Learn English and get preggers too'!!!

My birthday was a lovely affair, no other way to describe it. I had a lovely dinner with a few friends and ended up with 2 cakes, being sung to in Korean once and English twice. We had a few drinks at a nice roof top bar afterwards. I was thinking about how I spent my last birthday. It was at a kids party with Cass and Laura in a park in Brooklyn with NYC and UK friends - how things change! This one was celebrated with Koreans, Irish, New Zealand, American and South African people!!

Last weekend, I went to a house party on the Friday night and got involved in lots of drinking games.

Friday was also my 4 month anniversary!! 4 months I have been here! The time has gone so fast, yet it feels like I have been here a loong time. I do feel settled and like this is home. albeit a temporary home but I feel settled.

I spent Saturday cooking veggie burgers and other veggie delights. I am getting a bit fed up with the limited options. Especially, as when I come home I usually run in, get changed and go the gym, so things have to be quick!

Sunday I went on a bike ride and then went over to a friends to watch American college football and drink beer!

Then it was back to school for another week, which is already half way over.

Tonight, I am cooking dinner tonight for 2 veggie friends, we are rotating around each others houses, eating veggie food and gossiping!

Just thought I would do a quick update. I will try and sort out the photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment