Saturday, June 20, 2009

Freebies, visitors and balloon animals

I love South Korea.. I forgot to mention but yesterday there was a Hite trailer giving out free samples! I managed to get a beer, a pen and a fan. I later swapped the pen with Jamie for 3 glasses. So I now have 3 mugs and 3 glasses!! During the course of the weekend I also managed to get an apricot off a little old lady, free shots and a balloon animal!!

So, my Saturday was preeeetty jam packed with fun things! Jo picked me up at about 9.30. She was supposed to pick me up at 8, so when there was a knock at the door at 9.30, I wasn't sure if it was going to be the big KM, fortunately it was Jo and we pootled off to Wolmyeong
It was really nice walk, nice to see somewhere different get some fresh air and sweat a lot!

We then went to pick up her friends daughters from school. Yes school!! They have it from 9-12 every other Saturday! What is that about!! We went to Janghang, got some noodles. I had a go at some baseball and was awful, then Jo and I had a dance competition on one of those dance games at the arcade and we played arcade games!!

I then met Helen at Lotte Mart. (needed to replace the wine opener out of a cracker with one that actually worked.) I was waiting inside out of the rain for Helen. When my 'I speak to weirdos' neon sign must have flashed on. There were about 6 old men who were talking to me in very very broken English. It consisted of 'Husband? husband? no? Ok him him, me introduce you? He make mucho money'!!!! Fortunately Helen arrived before a vicar did to marry me off to the highest paid old man.

We went back to mine and on the 5 minute ride we got DRENCHED!!! But after a nice cup of tetely tea with my first ever (welcome) guest we were happy.

I got in the shower and could hear Helen talking, then my door close. Next thing I know Helen is at the bathroom door telling me I had a visitor..... yes you guessed the reign of the big KM! She knew I was going out but still came round anyway to tell me to go over to hers for dinner. So if you think that was bad enough, she did not even knock or ring the bell!!! She just walked straight into my apartment!!! She had a bit of shock when she saw Helen though. I am so glad I was in the shower. Note to self lock door and put on latch when in ALL the time. Repeat ALL TIMES!!

We headed out to a suuuuper cute coffee shop. It was like be in someone's lounge but in Europe, there were all kinds of knick knacks from around Europe, a grand piano, books and proper coffee. The owner played his flute for us, the piano, recorder and an ocarina. We were the only ones in there so we were chatting to him through his translator - otherwise known as Patrick his 8 year old son!!!

We were then trying to get a taxi back to mine for dinner, a taxi stopped looked at us and then drove off!!

Later on in the evening Helen and I headed out to meet some people on bar street. We went to a bar that was just full of foreigners and GI's, it was very surreal and I felt like I wasn't in South Korea any more! One of the bartenders was making balloon animals like flowers, teddy bears etc. Mine however was a flower with a dog 'hugging' it... obviously he looked at me and that was what he thought?!

We headed to some club and had a bit of dance, was hit on by some very sleazy GI's but it was fun. Managed to get a taxi home by myself and get dropped off outside of my building! Go me!!!

Today I think will consist of sitting around watching TV, I may go and buy a plant but am set for a pretty relaxing day after the shenanigans of yesterday!

Click here for weekend pics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment