Friday, June 12, 2009

So.. I survived the first week!

This was a looong week!

I had told Isabelle about me going out. She was very concerned, asking where I had gone, who I had meet up with, what had I drank what time did I come home. She said that she was responsible for me and had to take care of me. While this is all very nice, that they are so concerned, it is not the first time I had moved to a different country!

After the excitement on Noreabang on Wednesday, I was going to have a quiet night in with some tetly tea and digestive biscuits.

I had locked up the school and Isabelle was going to come round at 8 to pick up the keys. she turned up at 10pm (even that is late by her standards) and we ended up going for a drink with her and a friend. (Her friend will be teaching me Korean, as I am not allowed to have them with Helen's co-teacher which was what I had wanted. Again, sorry my newly appointed and smothering Korean Mum!)

The bar we went to had an American guy in who we started chatting with. It turns out he knows Matty etc and are going camping this weekend. I had originally thought couldn't go because of a BBQ, but that was apparently just a figment of my imagination! So Aaron was giving me the details of the camping trip, when Isabelle demanded his number and told me I could not go as I had only been here a week. She also told me I was forbidden to tell him my address, it must be a secret. I was like whoooaaa, not even my mother has that control over me!

We then went onto another bar but Isabelle wanted to go home but would not leave me, she ended up falling asleep at the bar, so we had to call it a night. It was lots of fun despite the over protectiveness!!

Today I went over to Jeonju to sort out my Alien Registration card. Then did the whole immigration process with my adult class and older students. Fridays is activities day where all the class combine. e.G. I have 2 adult classes so on Friday they both come in etc.

I really love my adult class, first I was a little intimidated but I love them! They interact with me and are obviously there to learn.
Made clay letters with the younger classes and did a couple of songs and general playing!
Finished lessons at 7, then we lesson planned for the next week. Didn't finish until 9.30 - that is going to have to stop!!

Popped over to ..... yes you guessed it Lotte Mart to pick up some stuff for camping this weekend. Also bought an alarm clock - with illuminous numbers, so I can see in the dark and a bedside lamp. I was very excited about the bedside lamp, as it would mean I don't have to get out of bed to turn the light off! Got it home and is it was a a cheapo one - it didn't have a bulb!!!

Also bumped into Helen at Lotte Mart - It feels like I really live here, bumping into someone I know (after only a week - whohoo!)

So off camping this weekend with a bunch of Brits, Ozzies, Canadians and South Africans! Yay for English speaker people!

No comments:

Post a Comment