Saturday, June 06, 2009

Health check, Lotte Mart and lots of walking!

Well, Yesterday I had my health check. Elizabeth picked me up at 10, so even I know that by now this means 10.30. We went to the hospital which is only about a 5 minute driver, good to know.
The was a big open room with different stations, height and weight, eye test, hearing, colour and a blood station. So my first issue was that everything was so open. My second issues was with the sight test, how did the nurse know whether I was saying the right thing, she didn’t speak English! Ditto with the colour blindness test.

Then I had to pee in a little beaker – with no lid, walk past all the stations with my open beaker of pee sloshing everywhere, place it on the window sill and then have my blood taken!
This proved to be very difficult! They tied the rubber band around my arm and slapped one arm for about 4 minutes, then the same with the other arm. After about 8 minutes, she just stuck the needle in me and poked around under the skin trying to find a vein. Well if I was a vein, after this I would also hide, which is what it did.

So, they put the very tight band around my wrist and put a needle in my hand. She then tried to draw the blood out which took ages as obviously my blood does not like Korean Nurses! She finally managed to get enough and without fainting I was done!

I then went and have a breast scan/chest x-ray to make sure I wasn’t packing any drugs. As obviously I was not a heroine addict with my veins, so maybe I might have swallowed packets of weed instead.

After this was a very brief dental scan and 49,000 won (about £25) later, I was all checked out!

We went over to the Academy ,where I became a flash card making machine. Lots of people came to register and I was also in charge of marking all the test papers to sort out what groups people would be in.

We finished at work about 9 O’clock. I was hoping to go and get some food and stuff but no such look. We all bundled in to Elizabeth’s car, on what I was hoping was the on the way home. We stopped off at an English book store to pick up some posters to make the place look less like an interrogation office
We all then bundled in the car again and they took the Michael out of me for having pasta for dinner last night.

Then Elizabeth parked up again – still not outside my apartment and we all got out. It turns out we were all going for dinner! I had risotto and they took the Michael out of me for being vegetarian again. This is a running joke. It’s like ooh you want food, you have bimimbap, that’s all you can have!

I finally got home about 10.30. Elizabeth was worried about me being ‘boring’ at the weekend and wanted to take me to church. Very sweet of her but at this point I was realllly looking forward to some alone time!!!

So Saturday…. I woke up about 10am after the best nights sleep I have had here so far.
Went over to Lotte Mart and bought some food. I have realised living alone, means have a very pathetic and empty fridge.



Even after shopping all I have is some eggs, milk, tofu, peppers and bean sprouts! I was very proud of my self for during shopping, I nearly bought some apple cider vinegar thinking it was olive oil but other wise no mistakes!
So dropped everything off, then decide to head to down town. While walking through a shopping area past Popeye’s Chicken listening to Mambo number 5, I though how surreal this all was!!!

Decided to see if I could found the sea/river some sort of water and wondered around. (Ok, I may have been looking for the airbase ;) ) I eventually found a bay and walked around it, over a bridge, along a bit more.



Then tried to find my way back to Lotte mart for the second trip. After about 3 hours, finally found my way back. Bought lots of exciting things like a bin, a mop, extension leads etc. I also bought 2 clocks which I was super excited to have, one for South Korea time and one for UK time. Unfortunately I found out I have cement walls and cant put them up…

My feet are killing me from all the walking, so just cleaned the floor and going to watch Judge John Dead on BBC Entertainment!!!

oo, just google earthed where I am and what bit of water I walked round. Turns out it is Eunapa Lake.



Check out here to see what else I can do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment