Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Students, Squid and Norabang

Well... teaching has been going ok. I had a slightly noisy class the other day, they laughed at/with me and interacted with me - at last normal kids!! Then the rest of the classes were pretty quiet! I also had another adult class. One of the student's English was really good, I later found out she was an English Teacher! She asked me to talk about my life, where I was from etc. I told her that it was my second day teaching. Her response was 'Oh you must be nervous then?' Well I wasn't but I am not thanks very much.

One thing I have found difficult is the different levels of proficiency, for most classes the books we use are pretty easy for them. I need to get into the swing of things and test them a bit more.

Last night I met Helen for dinner. We went to this tiny local place and ordered what we thought was no meat. I ended up with a bowl of soupy stuff, noodles, a few tentacles poking out, couple of muscles and mushrooms. Well I did say no meat. So I did end up eating a few tentacles. Which were pretty rubbbery and gross. I wish I had had something that was a lot tastier to end the 'none seafood eating'!!

We then went to a bar and had a huuuuge beer, in what I can only describe as a big bulbous vase thing. Which is very badly designed, as when you get to one of the bulbous parts, it creates some sort of wave motion and you end spilling it.
Then one of Helen's co-teachers joined us.

We then went onto another bar and met up with some a big group of foreigners!! There were South African, Australian, Canadian and a scouser!! it was alll very surreal.

Helen, Jo and I decided to hit up a noraebang. OH MY GOODNESS!! So much fun, there is a stage, disco lights and al kinds. My sing was pretty bad but had such a good time! Ended up not getting home til about 3 on a school night! Eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment