Sunday, July 12, 2009

Games, wrong buses and MUD!

Well activity day is always fun day, but this one was prettty tiring. We did sports and games with the kids outside. I had to do the same games, trying to explain it to them, act it out when they didn't and also join in occasionally, for all 4 classes!

This is a pretty good video of a rely race and gives you a good view of the apartment complex that the students live in. The thing they run around is stairs leading down to where I work!



There are more pictures here.

That night was Helen's last night in Gunsan, as she has a new job in Seoul. So we went out for a few beers which inevitably lead to Noreabang. I love it!! Although looking back at videos and hearing yourself sing is not always a good thing!

Then Saturday Jo and I were supposed to be driving to Mudfest. However there had been something in the news about children getting a rash from the mud and Jo decided not to go. Everyone else had already headed up. I wasn't sure about whether to just spend the weekend in Gunsan or to actually get on a bus and figure things out for myself for the first time! So I decided it would be a challenge and I needed to get to grips with the public transport as opposed to being a sheep and just following everyone else.

So made it to the bus station, asked for a ticket to Deachon, got on the bus and everything was going swimmingly. However, I began to realise this bus was taking far longer than it should do and realised I was heading to Daejon!! The guy had misunderstood me! So I ended up in Deajon, found out I couldn't get a direct bus to Deachon, I had to go to Gongju and get another bus. So what should have been one bus and about an hour ride, took 3 buses and about 6 hours!!!



The green route is the one I should have taken, and the red one is the one I did take!!!

The scenery was pretty spectacular - I saw a suspension bridge that had supports made out of huuuuge chillies.

I also made friends with a couple of Ozzies on the bus. One of the who used to Nanny for Sally who ran the Australia office for Cross-Cultural Solutions!!! Such a small world!

So finally made it there about 8pm at night, meet up with some of the others, had a few drinks and went to a overpriced dive of a night club!

On Sunday as everyone had already done the mud stuff and it was chucking it down, most people went home. Louise came back to the beach with me. We both went to mud jail, where we got buckets of mud thrown over us, then we went to the mud pit, where again people threw mud at you. The mud is not thick but more like runny grey water.



We then rinsed it off a bit in the rain and then ran into the sea. It was pretty choppy and windy and rainy but definitely a once in lifetime experience. I don't have many pictures as I was too muddy. But here are the few that I do!
Then had a super short journey home and just put the washing on!

A very jam packed and entertaining weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment