Friday, July 03, 2009

You say Potato, I say potatah

Had a pretty funny/ embarrassing / culturally insensitive mishap today.
The wheel on my chair broke yesterday, so I want to swap it for another chair that was also in the office. I was told I couldn’t because it was a cheap chair. It looks pretty swanky to me and I needed a chair. Again I was told was not allowed to use it because it was cheap. I have taken to telling KM what I think but really fast in English so she doesn’t understand. Makes me fell a lot better!!
So my response was this is so silly, I need a chair, why can’t I sit on it, you are so silly and flounced off to teach.

So Daniel came over today to fix my chair, again I was like why can’t I sit in that chair. He also said no.

Then during the planning meeting Daniel said he would sort out the chair for and it was a cultural thing that no one sat in the Bosses chair. I was like ok fair enough but I was told I couldn’t sit in it because it was cheap. It turns out KM was saying Chief not cheap!!! Oooops!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment