Friday, July 17, 2009

Pay day!!!

At last after 6 weeks of working, I have finally be paid. The first time in over 8 months!!!

However, they did not pay me enough.. ha I know no one is ever paid enough. But I was supposedly only paid for one month, they were 'keeping the other 9 days and would give it to me when I finish'. I have to check into this as Jo seems to think this is wrong. However even if I was paid for a month I am still about 300,000 short and I know that is not all tax/pension etc. I tried asking for my payslip but got pretty much blank stares from KM. I know I do have one as I asked the university directly previously to make sure I got one.

I had one of my first really really frustrating moments in South Korea. I have been here for 6 weeks,. I have been doing a good job, so please just pay me what you owe me. Everything here is never straightforward and it can be so frustrating. I just have to remember, it is a different culture and take a deep breath. But at then end of the day I did get paid!!!!

So Jo and I went out for dinner, had a bottle of wine,. We headed down to Eunpa Park.

At night the bridge is all lit up and some ties there are light shows or water/fountain shows. This time there was a concert... aimed at old people. But it was fun all the same. I also 'borrowed' some flowers from some huge flower displays. The are now in a cut up fanta bottle next to my bed!

Then we went to a swanky cafe/bar called Cafe Seventy two. It was really nice with sofas and a huge windows so you could see the street. Definitely felt like I was more in New York.

If you ordered 2 KGB drinks then you got a free gift... of insoles... that added 2cm to your height! Jo was very excited about this!

We then headed off to a very posh noreabang compared to the one I normally go to on Bar Street. The good thing abot being with a Korean at a Noreabang is that even if you sing badly, they don't realise as it's in English.

Today, I have just cleaned my apartment in my underwear (because I can, because I live by myslef! mwhahaha!) I am going to go food shopping this afternoon and then might head to the 1,000 won shop to buy knifes, forks, glasses and other exciting things for my apartment!

More Pay day pics here!

No comments:

Post a Comment