Friday, July 24, 2009

This week has been pretty busy.

Monday - Victoria and I went to the Music cafe. I had a bit of a moment while we were there. People have lessons in the cafe, so we saw a flute lesson and 2 old men had a singing lesson. The singing was so beautiful and amazing. It made me have an 'oh my goodness I am in Korea moment' Then the owner tried to show us how to sing. Every time we go he always trie to teach us something. He also gave us some corn on the cob grown from his own allotment.

Tuesday - I had Korean lessons with Jo and Louise. Apparently I was supposed to have them with KM but either she didn't tell me or as usual there was a miscommunication. She was not to happy and it all included some table banging and questions about if I was seeing a boy.

Wednesday - Jo and I went to the the gym at 6.30am!!! because we and a few of the foreign teachers were going for Pizza hut that night. So we completely over ate, then headed to a bar with a beer garden. We bumped into some more teachers and all got bitten to death by mosquitoes together!

Thursday - I asked again for my payslip, which I have still not received and was laughed at! Got a little frustrated with Korean culture today and just the fact that KM and I really struggle with communicating with each other. I was asked to great some sentences for 'Snack time' activity. I had taken a couple from the book the uni has produced. It said 'I couldn't take a milk/bread' I said that it was incorrect English, and was told it was American. Even if it was, it would still not make sense, so I was told it was Canadian!!! Either way, I will not teach it as it is completely incorrect! I also found out from my adults, that my adult class was cancelled for Friday. KM then told me that the main school was closed and I would be teaching at the other school.
I then met Jo at the gym and we cycled for about 15 minutes, all through out Jo kept poking me saying we have both had a bad day, lets go to dinner instead! I finally relented and we went for a really nice meal in Sky Park which has a really nice roof deck.

Friday - I went into work at 11 prepared to sit there until 3 as my adult class had been cancelled and I had no prep to do. To find that the school was locked up with a note in Korean on the door. I wondered over to the other village, to see where I was supposed to be and got sent home until 2.30!! YAY!
So went home cleaned my apartment, did some laundry, did all my ironing and made some tomato soup out of some huge tomatoes Jo had given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment