Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thunder, lightening and lots of rain... and that was just inside my apartment.

So I joined the gym yesterday, had an hour and half work out, then sauntered home in the rain listening to my music and dancing at the traffic lights in the lightening.
Fortunately I got home before it absolutely started lashing it down - completely monsoon styley.
Then I heard some dripping.... the top of the inside pane of my window had water seeping through it.
I had no idea what to do and ended up calling Saint Jo and asked her to bring some tape around. She came over, by this point it around 11.30 and the leaking had got worse and close the my plug socket.



Her friend, went knocking on all my neighbours doors to try and get a phone number for the owner of the building. She managed to get hold of it and gave him a call. 20 minutes later he was over. The guy above me had already had the same problem, so they were aware of it. He apologised and offered to put me up in a hotel. (Can you ever imagine the Super doing that in NYC - not a chance if it was outside 9-5, he wouldn't even pick up!!!)

They left and came back 20 minutes later with some towels and some tubs to catch the rain. They asked if there were any other problems. I mentioned that there were a lot of mosquitoes in my apartment even though, I kept the screen shut and that they seemed to be a gap in the window. He said he would look at it when he fixed the window tomorrow.

So Jo tried to control the leak until it stopped raining.



I came back from the gym after work today and the tubs of water had been cleaned up, my wet towels put on the washing machine and this note...



So it all worked out ok in the end and I got some flowery smelling mosquito killer!

No comments:

Post a Comment